[arch-dev-public] Amarok 1.4.7 compiled fine

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Mon Aug 13 06:02:53 EDT 2007

Monday 13 August 2007, Harald Sitter wrote:
 | The tarball for 1.4.7 is now available for packaging. Please
 | report any issues, so that we can delay the release and prepare a
 | fixed tarball in case it is necessary. Estimated release day is
 | Thursday.

amarok-base and amarok-engine-xine 1.4.7 built successfully for arch -
running fine. i'm just listening music with it right now ;-)

 | IMPORTANT: don't publish anything in public download locations
 | (e.g. repositories) until Thursday morning UTC (around 6, I'd
 | say). Also it would be quite cool to give us download
 | locations/information so that we can provide them at release time.

why is waiting till thursday so important? its 4 days and i already
got 10 emails of people reporting that amarok 1.4.7 is out... somehow
users get such infos faster than even packagers *smile*

may i commit the pkgs to the repository in arch already? if you say
no, i will wait till thursday.

greetings,

Damir
ArchLinux