[arch-dev-public] License cleanup

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Mon Aug 20 23:24:28 EDT 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:05:52 -0400
"Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Patch should fail on a file-by-file basis, so it shouldn't be all that
> bad of a result. And just make sure you check the diff before you
> commit.
> -Dan

There, patch used in [unstable], and I finished all invalid-licensed
packages there as well as cleaning up some files that belong to
long-since-removed packages.  I feel productive.

So, as a status update:

[extra] - roughly 1100 invalid or missing license fields
[community] - roughly 430 invalid or missing license fields
[unstable] - complete!  no missing or invalid license fields.

All this info is generated using my find-bad-licenses script, which I
attached to a previous thread I started.  However, I've made a small
modification to check that packages using the custom license
reference /usr/share/licenses somewhere - hopefully this will help weed
out invalid custom licenses too.  I've attached the updated script to
this email.

Let's get our official repos set up as an example for aspiring

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: find-bad-licenses
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 672 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/attachments/20070820/9b530df7/attachment.obj>

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list