[arch-dev-public] License cleanup

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Mon Aug 20 23:24:28 EDT 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:05:52 -0400
"Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Patch should fail on a file-by-file basis, so it shouldn't be all that
> bad of a result. And just make sure you check the diff before you
> commit.
>
> -Dan

There, patch used in [unstable], and I finished all invalid-licensed
packages there as well as cleaning up some files that belong to
long-since-removed packages.  I feel productive.

So, as a status update:

[extra] - roughly 1100 invalid or missing license fields
[community] - roughly 430 invalid or missing license fields
[unstable] - complete!  no missing or invalid license fields.

All this info is generated using my find-bad-licenses script, which I
attached to a previous thread I started.  However, I've made a small
modification to check that packages using the custom license
reference /usr/share/licenses somewhere - hopefully this will help weed
out invalid custom licenses too.  I've attached the updated script to
this email.

Let's get our official repos set up as an example for aspiring
PKGBUILD-ers!

--
Travis