[arch-dev-public] License cleanup

Andrew Fyfe andrew at neptune-one.net
Tue Aug 21 09:36:27 EDT 2007

Travis Willard wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:05:52 -0400
> "Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Patch should fail on a file-by-file basis, so it shouldn't be all that
>> bad of a result. And just make sure you check the diff before you
>> commit.
>>
>> -Dan
>
> Well, I made use of the patch in unstable, and finished off all
> packages in that repo tonight.  In fact, I even cleaned out some files
> that were no longer necessary on top of everything.
>
> So, current status:
>
> [extra] rougly 1100 invalid or missing licenses found by my script
> [community] rougly 430 invalid or missing licenses
> [unstable] complete - no invalid or missing licenses
>
> Script attached to the email again if anyone wants to use it.  I'm
> finding it particularily handy - and I updated it to check for custom
> licenses where the PKGBUILD doesn't reference usr/share/licenses -
> should weed out some incorrect custom licenses too.
>
> --
> Travis

I've dropped the patch into a git repository

current: http://neptune-one.homeip.net/git?p=abs/current;a=summary
extra: http://neptune-one.homeip.net/git?p=abs/extra;a=summary

There's 3 branches

licenses: license field clean up
makepkg_options: change no* to !* ... etc
sourceforge: change all sf download urls to downloads.sf.net

Andrew