[arch-dev-public] Core maintainers

Thu Dec 6 16:11:33 EST 2007

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> Hey guys,
> I just wanted to bring this up. It's not a huge deal, but it kinda bugs me.
>
> When we did the core move, I lost a ton of packages that are now in
> core. It appears that no one kept track of the maintainers when we
> moved from current -> core, and I lost some packages that I actually
> valued quite a bit.
>
> Now, again, it's not a huge deal, but I noticed a lot of complaints
> regarding core orphans at first, when it would have been much easier
> to just keep track of the old maintainers.
>
> So, that said, if anyone has core packages they either don't think are
> important, or don't care enough about, let me know, because I
> apparently have like 2 or 3 core packages only.
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron

Of my core packages, I only care for gpm and texinfo. The rest  (list
below) are pretty much up for grabs if the previous maintainer or anyone
else has interest in them:

mailx
pcre
procinfo
procps
psmisc
sysvinit
bison
eventlog
libol (if we keep it)

Aaron: BTW, do you want your screen package back? If so, go for it. It'll
need to be moved to extra though.

Eric

believed to be clean.