[arch-dev-public] ArchCon 2009, Take 2: Let's make a date

Tom K tom at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 14 18:04:53 EST 2007

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2007 4:31 PM, Alexander Baldeck <kth5 at archlinuxppc.org> wrote:
>> Aaron Griffin wrote:

>>> I thought we wanted warm and scenic.... Germany in August?
>>> O.o
>>> hah
>> August usually can be one of the hottest months in Germany in summer...
>> well, according to the average of the past 1000 years which seemed to
>> have changed lately. heh
>>
>> Anyway, for me any date is fine as it's still more than one year away.
>> pff... I don't even have a schedule that's further ahead than 4 weeks. :P
>
> Same here. I rarely plan ahead more than a week or so, except for
> things that other people setup, like parties, birthdays, holidays, etc

Well, if there's a general feeling that we should go for '08, that's
fine with me too.

Re the current trend of this conversation: I can of course see the
practical benefits of organising our shindig around an existing,
established event. I have to say, though, that my original thought was
for ArchCon to stand on its own. Whether that's practical or not is open
to discussion, of course.

T.