[arch-dev-public] ArchCon 2009, Take 2: Let's make a date

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 14 18:38:11 EST 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 6:04 PM, Tom K <tom at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Well, if there's a general feeling that we should go for '08, that's
> fine with me too.

I'd personally prefer '09 - already have vacation planned for '08, and
not sure if I'll be able to justify two extravagent trips.

> Re the current trend of this conversation: I can of course see the
> practical benefits of organising our shindig around an existing,
> established event. I have to say, though, that my original thought was
> for ArchCon to stand on its own. Whether that's practical or not is open
> to discussion, of course.

I thought stand-alone too, but that involves a ton of planning if we
wanna do some kind of 'real' convention.  If it's just a bunch of
dev's in someone's mother's basement, then it'd be easier to do, heh.

I don't mind organizing this around another con, or whatever - but I'd
greatly prefer 2009.  Any day/time combo is good for me in '09, and
pretty well nothing will be good in '08.