[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26-2.6.23.11-1

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 09:38:04 EST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 5:06 AM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> [...]

Ugh, I retract my signoff. Alsa is broken here, I hadn't bothered to
check that, but once I saw an email about it on the arch-general list
I did and noticed I had the same problem.

1. My fault for signing off here too early- I shouldn't do that,
although see my next point.
2. I should be able to signoff on a minor version bump of a kernel
without too many concerns- however, we make huge changes in each one.
Do we REALLY need to bump the ALSA snapshot every single time? If it
causes issues like this, that is unacceptable. For the one person's
bug you might fix, you just broke every other users sound.
3. Instead of saying "plz signoff", we should post changelogs for
upgrades (or say version bump only). You did say "updated alsa", but
it sounds like cfs was updated too and that wasn't reported.

-Dan