[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26-2.6.23.11-1

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Mon Dec 17 09:42:27 EST 2007

The problem with alsa snapshots is that we take snapshots from the development branch. When we took the snapshot, there had been a change in the kernel API that makes "old" alsa-libs incompatible. They reverted the change 3 hours ago, but the change is not in our kernel, so our kernel is broken when used with the current alsa-lib package.
Alsa snapshots can be broken any time, it's wrong to just include a newer snapshot of alsa-kernel without looking at what issues are fixed and what things are changed. IMHO only driver updates are acceptable in our kernel, not alsa core feature changes like the one that broke the alsa kernel API.