[arch-dev-public] [signoff] xine-lib 1.1.8-2

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Mon Dec 17 18:45:31 EST 2007

Monday 17 December 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:
 | I know this package is in [extra], feel free to ignore me.
 |
 | I removed the dep on codecs, and want to get some testing for
 | different formats WITHOUT codecs installed. I want to attempt to
 | predict any formats we may lose (such as real media) so that I can
 | react properly when people complain. All of my videos I have here
 | work fine in both mplayer and xine, without codecs installed, so I
 | wanted to get some outside opinions.

i don't have much exotic media files, but i asked around and will have
in the next days some sent to me to test.

as far i know, all the codecs that are listed in the list here

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/codecs-status.html

and have a .dll ending are affected, right?

another question: the new xine-lib has just the codecs dependency
removed, right? it has no difference in binary. so if some user wants
to build and install codecs pkg later, he can do on his own, right?
if so, i see no problem with it in general.

- D

--
                  <º)))><