[arch-dev-public] [signoff] xine-lib 1.1.8-2

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Tue Dec 18 01:46:02 EST 2007

Tuesday 18 December 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:
 | I'm watching some random videos I have sitting around and haven't
 | seen a problem - but yes, you're correct, the codecs package IS
 | optional, but I'd like to move it to unsupported

i agree that it should be unsupported by us with this licence it has.

as well as you, i'm now wondering as well, what formats will not play
any more without it. i removed it some time ago because of this, but
i'm not enough the multimedia-collector-person to realise it yet. the
only one that didn't play is one a colleague sent me that was WMV-8
or somethign similar, but this did not play even with codecs
installed, so it must be something else.

by the way: would it be an option to ask the community (arch-general
list), what breaks when codecs pkg is removed? more people, more
experiences, more diversity -> faster

- D

--
                  <º)))><