[arch-dev-public] [signoff] filesystem 2007.11-4

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 10:46:43 EST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 2:27 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Setup for FHS compliant man pages - FS#8839
> Claim ownership of /etc/profile from bash - FS#4766
> Remove LESSCHARSET env var from /etc/profile - FS#8877
>
> Please test. This goes hand-in-hand with the bash package (see other sign off)
>
> /etc/profile was also largely revamped. Please comment on that if
> you'd like to, we can always add more stuff before it's out of
> testing.

Negative on the signoff. When I upgraded (bash and filesystem at the
same time), I never got the new /etc/profile (I had customized my old
one, I'm guessing that makes a difference). In addition, /etc/profile
is not in either the bash backup array OR the filesystem backup array,
and /etc/profile.bash is also not in the array.

dmcgee at dublin ~
$ pacman -Qo /etc/profile
/etc/profile is owned by filesystem 2007.11-4

dmcgee at dublin ~
$ pacman -Q filesystem bash pacman-git
filesystem 2007.11-4
bash 3.2.025-5
pacman-git 20071220-1

dmcgee at dublin ~
$ md5sum /etc/profile
a89cc19d69d44d00da45dbfeea6e3653  /etc/profile

-Dan