[arch-dev-public] will DVD size be the limit for our official repos?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:40:57 EDT 2007

On 7/11/07, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> do we want to limit the amount of both repos to fit on a DVD
> (singlelayer)? this might become hard as pkg size usually raises each
> release.
> maybe we can go over that limit but would have keep out packages (e.g.
> i18n) from DVD releases.
>
> opinions?

This seems like a rather silly requirement for no reason.  Just like
one of those "hey lets only allow 10 documents open at once" features
from Lotus Notes.

Why are we limiting things again? If I put all our repos on up-to-date
DVD isos, how many people do you think will download them?  Probably
very very little.

Is there a reason to confine out size to an arbitrary number? What
about Bluray or HDDVD or flash drives... maybe we should confine the
size so it will fit on my 20GB iPod?