[arch-dev-public] Definition of non-free for repo-reorg

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Thu Jul 12 06:17:08 EDT 2007

Thursday 12 July 2007, Simo Leone wrote:
 | I still don't see the need. We've never bothered in the past and
 | it's just making things more complicated, why bother now?

i agree

why making all this mess?

to satisfy the fundamentalists, i would suggest, that you can specify
in pacman.conf, what licences you agree to and what licences you do
not agree to. then pacman will know what is "allowed" to be
installed.
whenever a new licence comes up (with a new pkg) pacman would ask: do
you agree to licence XYZ? licence XYZ can be found
under /path/to/licence if you want to read it. Y/N? and then pacman
would add this result to pacman.conf

do not separate repositories acording to licences... that would make
it quite messy.

- D

--

                  <º)))><