[arch-dev-public] Definition of non-free for repo-reorg

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Thu Jul 12 12:43:48 EDT 2007

Jürgen Hötzel wrote:
> Featuritis. Another pacman feature, that should not be part of a simple lightweight
> package manager.

License issues do need to be handled somewhere. I think we've
already chosen to handle them in pacman, by putting all that
information into packages.

We could separate this out into a separate binary that uses libalpm
and acts as a wrapper around real pacman, I suppose, if that would
make people feel better. That seems to me like even more complexity
for a fairly lightweight feature.

- P