[arch-dev-public] External Kernel Modules - DKMS

Tom K tom at archlinux.org
Tue Jul 31 11:32:43 EDT 2007

Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Roman Kyrylych schrieb:
>>> i'm not saying that i have time to upload every since and then a whole
>>> kernel to the servers (at least now without having a broad internet
>>> connection), but because our official one is 250Hz i run my own.
>> 300Hz now.
>
> That only improves NTSC video playback/av-sync, but applications that
> depend on a high timer frequency (like 1000Hz) still don't work.
>
> BTW: What is DKMS

http://linux.dell.com/projects.shtml

I also had a brief look at this back when it was orginally proposed, and
  I think it's worth considering.

Re the off-topic part of this thread: I don't understand this "one
kernel only" idea myself. If one of us commits to maintaining an
alternative kernel package, what good reason is there not to provide it?

T.