[arch-dev-public] External Kernel Modules - DKMS

Phil Dillon-Thiselton dibblethewrecker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:45:31 EDT 2007

On 31/07/07, Tom K <tom at archlinux.org> wrote:

> http://linux.dell.com/projects.shtml
>
> I also had a brief look at this back when it was orginally proposed, and
>  I think it's worth considering.

+1 - I think this is pretty exciting.

Ziggy has also recently built a kernel with various patches that
provides only an updated vmlinuz and otherwise runs against the stock
kernel modules.  If this approach is as stable as Ziggy believes then
it opens up a whole world of tweaking possibilities.

Tom, I'd also like to revisit the custom kernel PKGBUILDs and wiki,
would you be interested in working on that with me?