[arch-dev-public] ion3 in extra: licensing issues

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Thu Jun 7 11:38:10 EDT 2007

Am Thu, 7 Jun 2007 08:14:10 +0200
schrieb "Jan de Groot" <jan at jgc.homeip.net>:

> So when you're out for a long while like you did a while ago, we're
> forced to update your packages, because it's illegal to leave it
> outdated. Multiple distributions don't ship ion3 due to this or ship
> the latest version under the old license. I don't think we should
> handle that different. Though the source is available, ion3 is
> non-free software, because it takes away the distributors freedom.

+1 for removal

how should x86_64 handle that? codemac might have the ability to handle
the license issues. we from the port cannot make sure to rebuild it
quick enough all the time. also think off ppc?

there's much more real open source software waiting to be maintained.
just put this unfree crap into AUR and maintain it there.

AndyRTR