[arch-dev-public] Updating gcc3 package

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Wed Jun 20 03:26:46 EDT 2007

Think about this:
Gcc 4.x is on the same ABI as gcc 3.4, there's lots of file conflicts in
that and you'll end up using gcc 4.2 libraries with a gcc 3.4 compiler. Gcc
3.3 is the last released version of the previous C++ ABI and is still
maintained AFAIK. A package that requires gcc 3.4 to compile (nothing newer,
nothing older) is so broken that upstream should fix it, we shouldn't even
bother about it. Even OpenOffice.org got this point improved in the last two
years.