[arch-dev-public] restructure our printing system

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Fri Jun 22 08:29:28 EDT 2007

after talking to Till Kampeter at Linuxtag in Berlin and reading around
how other distributions are packaging the printer drivers i want to
restructure our packages(cups, gutenprint, foomatic,
gimp-print-lprng,cups-pdf....):

- package only still developed software
- stick with stable tree releases
- drop outdated packages/move to AUR rarely
- improve features

the last point will force us to have almost all printing related
packages in either current or extra. now they are splitted and can not
depend on each other.

i suggest to move such hardware related packages + virtual printers all
into current/system or current/office. but extra would also be fine for
me.

where's the better location?

AndyRTR