[arch-dev-public] Beginning: arch projects

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu May 10 20:34:22 EDT 2007

On 5/10/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I've been trying to get together this "arch projects" interface for
> some time now.
>
> In essence, the "interface" is is a chunk of python modules to help
> with creation of projects in a similar vein as code.google.com and
> repo.or.cz.  I have made a *ahem i-suck-at-css ahem* python cgi
> overlay, but that's still incomplete.
>
> For now, however, I've begun the backend setup.  This will live here:
> http://projects.archlinux.org/
>
> For now, this is all kinda manual - but if you want a repo or project
> setup, I can do that.  In the future, developers will be able to
> create this stuff themselves and add other users from the community to
> the access list (without needing a shell account on gerolde).
>
> I've been trying to finish this up in between everything else, and
> it's slow going, but almost there.  The initial release won't have any
> sort of bug tracking support, because I'd rather not write my own -
> I'd much rather integrate an external bug tracker into the mix... but
> that gets complicated.
>
> I know I keep saying "soon" and I said "1 week" about 3 weeks ago...
> but a lot of other things keep getting in my way.  This is more a
> "heads up" mail, and to point out that if you want some crap on
> gerolde, I'm beginning to setup the infrastructure.
>
> Aaron

It seems I need to clarify something:
This is not for arbitrary projects that would be hosted on google code
or sourceforge.  It is for ArchLinux specific projects.  Developers
will be the only ones able to create new projects, so it will be their
discretion on whether or not a project is for "ArchLinux" or not.