[arch-dev-public] -ARCH package extension

James iphitus at gmail.com
Fri May 11 21:12:26 EDT 2007

On 5/12/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, it's not really a huge deal to push a new version is it? What
> are the downsides?
>
> In addition, the repos may have to remain in this state for a little
> bit, so we can get to the point where everyone has updated, and we
> have a new ISO - that could take a month of more.  And a month of
> manually moving packages is gonna get tedious.
>
> I just figure, it's not a huge deal to push a new version, and it
> can't really cause any harm.

How about we just do it on the server scripts?

Should be a simple change, just use one of the many renaming functions
in /arch/db-inc, just before "# move the package files into the ftp
directory"?

That should cover the repos, no idea about community, where are it's
scripts located?

James

--
iphitus // Arch Developer // iphitus.loudas.com