[arch-dev-public] -ARCH package extension

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri May 11 21:18:12 EDT 2007

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
>> I don't know if I want to release a version of devtools for this.  It's a
>> feature that will just have to be taken out when we want to move over to
>> the -ARCH suffix for really.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> Well, it's not really a huge deal to push a new version is it? What
> are the downsides?
>
> In addition, the repos may have to remain in this state for a little
> bit, so we can get to the point where everyone has updated, and we
> have a new ISO - that could take a month of more.  And a month of
> manually moving packages is gonna get tedious.

Actually Dan already fixed it - and broke it:

<snip>
source PKGBUILD
pkgfile=${pkgname}-${pkgver}-${pkgrel}.pkg.tar.gz
pkg3file=${pkgname}-${pkgver}-${pkgrel}-${CARCH}.pkg.tar.gz

if [ ! -f $pkgfile -o ! -f $pkg3file ]; then
        pkgfile=$PKGDEST/$pkgfile
        pkg3file=$PKGDEST/$pkg3file
fi
</snip>

The if-condition should be with a -a, not with a -o: Normally we have
either $pkgfile or $pkg3file existing, extrapkg should only look in
$PKGDEST if neither exists, but it looks in $PKGDEST if one of them
doesn't exist. Thus it won't find any packages if you don't use $PKGDEST
and fail.