[arch-dev-public] Package Cleanup: Part II

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Fri May 18 16:31:37 EDT 2007

On Fri, 18 May 2007 14:38:22 -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote

> The core thing won't happen for a bit though, as it's a bit more
> complex than everything else, but I figure if we can move non-core
> packages out of current, the rename will be fairly easy.

Wouldn't, then, everyone have to change pacman.conf to refer to core/os/i686?
 Or are we going to symlink it?   If we're symlinking it, what's the point of
the name change in the first place?  :P

Is this another one of those 'push it into a new pacman package, then wait a
year and hope everyone's upgraded' kind of issues?

(on a side note, I really have to start remembering to set my webmail to use
the archlinux.org address when I send these things from here - I keep getting
blocked awaiting approval 'cause I forget. :P)

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list