[arch-dev-public] The Arch-ization of packages

eliott eliott at cactuswax.net
Sat Nov 3 16:51:24 EDT 2007

I actually think we should't do any branding.
It annoys me when other distributions have their name all over
everything, and make non standard distro specific options set.

I think having an 'arch artwork' package that includes arch
backgrounds and arch-color-themes is a good idea though.

gnome-arch-artwork
kde-arch-artwork

stuff like that. An added benefit to doing that, is that if the
artwork doesn't change, there is no need to pull in extra data along
with the gnome specific apps, etc.

Just my thoughts though. I would hate to see arch get overly 'brand
happy' all of a sudden.