[arch-dev-public] [Package cleanup] beryl gone

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Nov 9 10:51:40 EST 2007

Thanks to Danimoth, we now have a stable compiz-fusion release in
community, which packages that actually seem to work. He is putting lots
of work in maintaining those AFAICS, so the best course of action is to
keep the stuff in community under his watch.

As it hasn't been maintained for months and there has been a conflict
between beryl's and fusion's emerald, I have just dropped beryl from the
extra repository.

However, the package files are still available at
http://www.archlinux.org/~thomas/beryl/i686/
http://www.archlinux.org/~thomas/beryl/x86_64/
They won't be maintained or anything, they will simply sit there for
everyone who may still need them.