[arch-dev-public] Second list of removal candidates

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 12:17:11 EST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 7:34 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> bind    DNS server. Should stay in repo.
Adopted. Keeping this one

> exim    what mta will we keep?
This is mine too - we should keep it. Killing exim or postfix is like
killing one of vim or emacs. Holy war, etc.

> gentoo  yet another file manager
Also, really confusing to pacman -S gentoo 8)

> mod_python      used on Archlinux.org for django?
I think we should hold onto this for now, but I don't have the....
know-how to maintain it

> powernowd       Do we need it? We already have cpudyn and cpufreq.
I think this one is needed... it's AMD related... I'd have to look into it

> setserial       support for serial device, should be kept unless it's no longer needed
Adopted.

> zsh     very popular. iphitus will adopt if nobody else will
Yeah, let's not remove this 8)