[arch-dev-public] PyQT4?

Sat Nov 17 15:56:52 EST 2007

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 15. November 2007 02:35:26 schrieb Damir Perisa:
>> any schedule for pyqt? this weekend i'm probably offline because of a
>> dancing festival (tango).
> OK, this does not seem to be straight forward. So I need some feedback from
> the maintainers of the following packages. (They somehow depend on each
> other)

> qscintilla
> 	This package confuses me. The provide a QScintilla-1.73-gpl-2.1.tar.gz and
> 	QScintilla-1.71-gpl-1.7.1.tar.gz (which we currently use). According to their
> 	homepage "QScintilla v2 supports both Qt v3 and Qt v4".
> 	Is there an easy way to provide two non conflicting packages for qt3 and
> 	qt-4? Is it usefull to introduce a common packge which includes those files
> 	which are shared by the qt3 andqt-4 version?

The 2 qscintilla packages won't conflict with each other. The current
qscintilla package in extra installs in /opt/qt and the qscintilla2
package in community installs in /usr. Even if we decide to have both
packages install in /usr, they won't conflict as the filenames and
directory structure is different.