[arch-dev-public] Third list of removal candidates

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Tue Nov 27 03:08:34 EST 2007

Wasn't genius still maintained? It's on my list to-update applications when
I get to updating gnome packages again

> gnome-audio 	audio files for gnome. Part of gnome-extra group. Any
> takers? Jan? Roman?

I'll take it, it doesn't need any maintenance as it never gets updated. Not
sure about it future though, but we'll see by the time GNOME decides to
replace it (there's a discussion about sounds on desktop-devel-list)

> libgnomesu	gksu and kdesu provide same functionality
AFAIK it's "needed" by gnome-system-monitor, but it could be libgksu that is
required by that thing. I'll maintain it if there's a package in extra that
needs it.

> nss_ldap	Description: The nss_ldap module provides the means for
> pam_ldap	Description: The pam_ldap module provides the means for
I use it on my arch box. If nobody wants to maintain it, I'll do.

> pdns-ldap	unused lib, might be included in pdns (currently orphaned)
> pdns-mysql	unused lib, might be included in pdns (currently orphaned)
> pdns-pgsql	unused lib, might be included in pdns (currently orphaned)
> pdns-recursor	Description: PowerDNS recursor
I'll update powerdns soon and merge the pdns-* things in it. Pdns-recursor
stays standalone. Don't remove it, powerdns is pretty useless without a
recursor for most people.

> perl-email-date	unused perl module. To Jan: You added it to the repo
It was added as dependency to some other perl module. I don't add perl
modules for fun.

> vbetool	Description: vbetool uses lrmi in order to run code from
Used by pm-utils AFAIK.