[arch-dev-public] Moving heimdal to core

eliott eliott at cactuswax.net
Tue Nov 27 12:16:36 EST 2007

On 11/27/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 26, 2007 2:04 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to move heimdal to core/lib. This gives us kerberos libs in
> > core, and will close out this bug:
> >
> > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8373
> >

> > Any problems with this?
>
> One last poke here - I'm going to do this in a few hours if no one has an issue.

I am actually against it, based on the dialog in the bug ticket..
Is this patch not included upstream, as the ticket mentioned? If that
is the case, and considering the extreme sensitivity of ssh in
general, I think we should as close to upstream as possible.

I venture a bet that not many people use kerberos'd ssh too. I guess I
don't see why somebody couldn't build their own ssh package with the
kerberos patches.