[arch-dev-public] Moving heimdal to core

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:28:24 EST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 11:16 AM, eliott <eliott at cactuswax.net> wrote:
> I am actually against it, based on the dialog in the bug ticket..
> Is this patch not included upstream, as the ticket mentioned? If that
> is the case, and considering the extreme sensitivity of ssh in
> general, I think we should as close to upstream as possible.

The patch is secondary. openssh supports kerberos and thus heimdal
without any patches.

> I venture a bet that not many people use kerberos'd ssh too. I guess I
> don't see why somebody couldn't build their own ssh package with the
> kerberos patches.

True, but it's really just a configure flag, and Jan uses it, which
weighs a lot.

Either way, I didnt really want to question that specific bug there,
but wanted to question moving heimdal to core - kerberos support libs
in our core repository sounds reasonable to me