[arch-dev-public] license for sqlite3

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 15:22:52 EST 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 2:09 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2007 1:49 PM, Damir Perisa <damir.perisa at solnet.ch> wrote:
> > why is PD not a standard licence entry for us? it should not be
> > custom, since it is a quite standard way to licence something.
>
> Give me some standard text and I'll throw it in there.

Um, no

We went over this somewhere.

There's no such thing as a public domain license. It flat out doesn't
work. Not only is it not a license, but public domain means different
things in different countries. From the "WTFPL" faq:

* Isn't this license basically public domain?
There is no such thing as "putting a work in the public domain", you
America-centered, Commonwealth-biased individual. Public domain varies
with the jurisdictions, and it is in some places debatable whether
someone who has not been dead for the last seventy years is entitled
to put his own work in the public domain.