[arch-dev-public] Social?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 21:07:36 EDT 2007

On 10/1/07, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:
> You United-States-ians.  As far as movies go I prefer the comedies; not
> a big horror fan, although I do like the action as well.  I'll admit, I
> also enjoy the romantic comedies from time to time - I'm a sentimental
> guy.  :P

See, what makes netflix awesome is that they have all the crap you
can't get at the corner movie store. I went on a LONG samurai kick,
and got into a huge amount of old japanese films.

I've gone through a lot of the classic European directors too, like
Fritz Lang and Federico Fillini...

Yeah I started that off a bit soft. See, this is my biggest hobby
outside of the obvious. If you want serious movie recommendations
ever, let me know. I can be good at it.

> I'm trying to start jogging to lose some weight.  260lbs is a bit much
> for my tastes.

Heh. I've done two little blog posts about weight loss recently. The
second one sucks and I want to combine it with the first. Soon I plan
on going into a follow-up about exercise.

See, I was, a while back, what jeff calls "hyperfocused" on weight
loss. I did 210->165 (sorry guys, Imperial units) in about 3 or 4
months. And it wasn't starvation or anything. I'm not very good at
staying at 165 though - that's what I get for having hobbies that mean
I sit on my ass.

> I actually personally don't drink any alcohol, personal and religious
> reasons, but that makes me a great designated driver!  :D

That has always impressed the hell out of me. Not religious
convictions, per se, but _convictions_. People who do what they want
because THEY believe it, and don't back down.
I find it amazing, so keep it up!

On 10/1/07, Damir Perisa <damir.perisa at solnet.ch> wrote:
> my most time intensive hobby is not arch but photography. have a look
> here: http://lux.perisa.ch

Wow that's a) new to me, and b) damned impressive. Photography is one
of those hobbies I'm jealous of. I don't have the eye for it, but if I
could do it, I would constantly.

> what else is social about me?... hmm... i started learning to dance
> tango about half a year ago and really like it... i know some
> standard dances but tango is worlds better in my mind at this stage.

Man, I have been seriously thinking about learning swing dancing.
Don't ask me why, because I have _no_ idea.

> another thing: i like cooking and experimenting with food

Oh man, my last experiment with food was a mild success. It involved
chopped sirloin, black beans, melted cheddar cheese, and mole sauce. I
have no idea what I was going for... something mexican-ish. But it
ended up like spicy cheese soup.