[arch-dev-public] 2007.10 ISO release on saturday 6th october?
t.powa at gmx.de
Thu Oct 4 02:43:33 EDT 2007
i moved in the 0.3 test isos to ftp/iso directory.
If no real showstopper is reported till Saturday i would suggest to announce
them officially, and remove the other old ISOs from ftp.
Your thoughts on it?
Announcement on homepage:
Hi Arch community,
Arch Linux Don't Panic 2007.10 ISO release
I changed everything to fit to the new core repository,
2 ISOs left ftp ISO and core ISO.
- kernel 184.108.40.206 usage
- disabled arch_addons hook by default, it is now triggered by arch-addons
In order to boot and install successfully, the new RAM recommendations:
- RAM usage increased to 256 MB (FTP-ISO,CORE-ISO arch boot image)
- RAM usage 96 MB (CORE-ISO lowmem boot image)
- fixed the nasty /dev mount bug
- fixed the /dev/ttyS0 errors if no serial port is installed in the system
- fixed repositories in install environment to fit to both architectures
- fixed km to not show broken chars after exit
- fixed grub installing with xfs filesystem
- fixed package clearing if setup option was chosen
- added pptpclient to install environment
- added sdparm to install environment
- added all free wireless drivers to install environment
- added intel wireless drivers to install environment which will be activated
by intel-wireless boot parameter
- added hosts.deny and hosts.allow to config editing dialog
- added licenses to install environment
- added new lowmem boot image to core iso
stripped everything out that is not necessary for installation
As usual check md5sum before using the images and also be aware of the new
RAM recommendations the images have.
have fun in testing and report issues immediatly,
Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
tpowa at archlinux.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the arch-dev-public