[arch-dev-public] Cleanup/Orphans - a BIG warning!

Tom K tom at archlinux.org
Thu Oct 4 05:42:09 EDT 2007

Travis Willard wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 17:10:59 -0500
> "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/2/07, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:
>>> The reason I haven't adopted these is because I'm thinking if
>>> there's somebody with more experience packaging these, it'd be
>>> better off in their hands.
>> I think a lot of us are thinking this way, I know I am. And this might
>> be some of the problem.
>
> Yeah, that occurred to me to, which is why I gave the two-days notice.
> If they're still free, I'll grab them, and any of their deps that are
> orphaned too.

I've now done the same exercise with my stuff, and adopted most of my
orphaned deps - would have been more, but Travis got there first. :)

If I've picked anything that someone feels is "theirs", please let me
know - I've no problem with giving up anything. A lot of them were
dorphell's anyway, so I don't think that will be a problem.

I've balked at a couple - libsasl and openssl, to be precise - but if
nobody else wants them, I'll take them.

T.