[arch-dev-public] Cleanup/Orphans - a BIG warning!

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 5 21:53:31 EDT 2007

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 00:01:24 -0400
Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:40:58 -0500
> "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So, let's readopt them.
> >
> > I am giving everyone until tomorrow night to adopt what packages you
> > _want_ - first come first serve.
> >
> > After that, I will go through all orphans, and determine if they are
> > important.
> >
> > Then, I will post a list of what we need to maintain to this ML, and
> > let people adopt them.
> >
> > On Friday, if they are not adopted, I will assign them as I see fit.
>
> OK, I've just gone through my package list and picked up 18 of my deps
> that were orphaned.
>
> Other orphaned deps of mine, that I will pick up in two days from now
> unless somebody else does:
>
> sqlite3
> sdl
> cairo
> flac
> libxml2
> gd
> gdk-pixbuf
> libcap

Ok, the ones that weren't adpoted yet were flac, gd, gdk-pixbuf, and
libcap.  I've adopted them all.

gd had dep fontconfig, which had dep freetype2, which were both
orphaned.  Who handles X stuff?  Would this be included?  In any case,
I'm giving another couple of days for them to be adopted - if they're
not grabbed by Tuesday (giving everyone time for thanksgiving, heh)
I'll pick them up.

gdk-pixbuf had dependency gtk orphaned.  Same deal as above - JGC
handles gnome stuff, is GTK something you want?  I'll grab it Tuesday
if it's still up for grabs.

Again, here's my new list of stuff I'll grab by Tues:

fontconfig
freetype2
gtk

--