[arch-dev-public] 2007.10 ISO release on saturday 6th october?

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Thu Oct 4 11:03:57 EDT 2007

> I am clearly against releasing this Saturday. We should wait for 2.6.23
> with the next release, as it is going to be there really soon. My guess
> is we could release 2007.10 with Linux 2.6.23 on October 13th or 20th.
>
> Releasing now and then again two weeks later will only confuse people.
Mmm let me see people complain everywhere that ftp is not working atm.
Old isos have all itches and bugs, which people also complain about.

i don't see a reason to delay it, i want a stable installation iso with .22
kernel. Then we have enough time for fixing issues in .23 and release a new
one at the beginning of november with a new release name.
I would be really happy if someone of the dev crew would test the ISOs, yet
only Romashka and Ise did a short run on iso -0.1, the rest was done by forum
people.
I tested ftp and hd installation with all filesystems, setup and quickinst.
intel wireless was reported working by one on forum, other wireless stuff is
untested but should work because no bug report about it is found on
bugtracker.

About new Codename, pretty late the isos are created and so are the messages
created. The descission last time was a new codename on new major kernel
version, so this would be .23 not .22.

That are my thoughts about it, let's vote about releasing it.
+1 from me

greetings
tpowa

--