[arch-dev-public] 2007.10 ISO release on saturday 6th october?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 11:50:31 EDT 2007

Firstly, I wasn't aware our current ISO was that broken - next time
there are issues like this, could you at least tell me (if you don't
want to email the list), so I at least am aware.

Secondly, I think the versioning is getting goofy here.

The original intent was to change the date of the ISO when the kernel
version changes, and the -X for bug fix releases. Do we need to
revisit this topic? Is there confusion as to how this works...

Thirdly, regarding the "codename" - I saw mention that it was "too
late". In the future could you tell us before "too late" comes along?

That all said, lets get this ISO out there if our current one is broken.

In general, I don't have time to test these ISOs because... well, I
actually don't have blank CDs at home, so I burn these things at work
and bring them home - it's a big long process.

Are the ISOs known to have problems under qemu or vmware?