[arch-dev-public] 2007.10 ISO release on saturday 6th october?

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Thu Oct 4 14:11:37 EDT 2007

Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2007 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
>> Ok, here's where the confusion lies.
>>
>> Let me explain the way I thought we planned on doing this, so we can
>> see where the confusion lies.
>>
>> Release: YYYY.MM
>> Bug fix: Original YYYY.MM plus -NUM
>> New kernel: New YYYY.MM
>>
>> So, if this is a bug fix release for the 2007.09 ISO, I was under the
>> assumption the date would remain 2007.09.
>> I thought we had planned to only change the date when the kernel
>> changes. In which case, the "codename" would change.
>>
>> Here the date has changed. So I am assuming the codename should.
>>
>> Am I the one that is confused or is it the other way around?

> There is no new kernel on it since 2007.08
> it is still .22 series
> so it would make sense to call it 2007.08-2

That's fine, though maybe we should consider calling it 2.6.22-2. If
our releases are actually pegged to kernel releases, then why not
say what we mean? Saying 2007.08 for a release made in 2007.10 is
misleading.

That said, I don't care that much. There's *way* too much going on
right now in Arch land to spend time painting bikesheds!

- P