[arch-dev-public] Testing policy

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Sun Oct 7 08:30:17 EDT 2007

1) I'm fine with a testing pipeline like Debian and Gentoo have. It
should be easy to move a pkg from testing to core via a small script or
even a webfrontend (afaik this has been discussed in the repoman list).

2) We should have that for extra too.

3) What about clear minor fixes? Any exceptions allowed to do allone
when noone is around for while?

4) Do now all developers have core access?

5) We would need something new for what we now use the testing repo -
the rebuilds/updates we expect issues. We should not mix this with the
the has-to-be-signed-off repo or we will get weird linked packages.

Andy