[arch-dev-public] TU autonomy

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Wed Oct 17 10:13:32 EDT 2007

One other thing to remember in this whole repo debate is that, while
the TUs derive some authority from the dev structure (primarily by
means of our hosting the AUR), they are intended as a generally
autonomous group.

Deciding for them what should and shouldn't go in community will
have repercussions. We should remember well our history lessons
about how difficult it is to set up a stable and productive TU
ecosystem before we rock that boat.

We should not consider it obviously in our jurisdiction to use
[community] as part of our own official repository plan.

- P