[arch-dev-public] initscripts in testing

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Fri Oct 19 02:09:56 EDT 2007

> > Two thoughts here, mostly for Tobias:
> > * Version is 2007.08-4, shouldn't this be version 2007.10/11?
> > * When you made the lo change, did you ensure it is backward
> > compatable? Having lo in your network array shouldn't cause an error
> > now, because every current user will have it.
- the name wasn't changed because of the not yet updated release name.
- it doesn't show errors during boot process and lo is up in ifconfig
  ( the lo change is not in -4 package it's just in cvs)

> Third thought. We should treat the initscripts as a real code project.
> That is, place them beside the rest of the code and create real
> tarballs.
perhaps an idea when this fixing is finished an 2007.10/11 is released.

greetings
tpowa

--
Tobias Powalowski