[arch-dev-public] initscripts change: daemon shutdown

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 26 12:59:09 EDT 2007

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 11:30:39AM +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> initscripts have been changed to only shut down daemons which use
> add_daemon and are thus in /var/run/daemons. Please fix daemon scripts
> which both need a shutdown AND don't have add_daemon.
>
> On my end, I will fix bluetooth. Please check your system for others.

I just noticed a problem with dbmail that highlights a method we used to
use...

What do you do if a daemon script starts multiple daemons?
/etc/rc.d/dbmail can start dbmail-imapd, dbmail-pop3d, dbmail-lmtpd and it
runs add_daemon dbmail-imapd, dbmail-pop3d, and dbmail-lmtpd.

One option is to just run "add_daemon dbmail" to signal arch that we need
to stop the dbmail daemon script.  Is this what we want to do or are there
other ways to fix it?

Jason