[arch-dev-public] busy devs / offer to help on updates

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 16:33:35 EDT 2007

On 10/26/07, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> Some developer seem to be so busy to have no time for updates for
> several months. Users start to complain about it. I've seen it for
> eclipse and glade.
>
> I can help out when I will find some free minutes. Please tell me if
> there's a certain reason to not update a package!

a) As Paul said, Eclipse was delayed on purpose.

b) In an effort to alleviate this, if you have a major package that is
out of date and don't have the time for it, PLEASE send an email to
this list - it's not a bad thing if you can't get to it, but we should
think about the users and try to update these things.

Once again, multiple maintainers in the dashboard would help here. 8)