[arch-dev-public] perl modules in archlinux

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 19:40:13 EDT 2007

On 9/1/07, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> We should have a unified way of doing these things. Frugalware can do it
> with their F* macros, Debian can do it with dh_*, Gentoo has their
> Eclasses, why can't we do this?

Because everyone passes the buck and wants everyone else to implement
their ideas?

Go ahead and do it. Make a script, I'm sure we could figure out some
way to get it into things elegantly... like say:
    /etc/makepkg.d/perl
Then have makepkg load that somehow.

/me shrugs

I disagree with this sort of stuff, so I would never do it, and I'm
sure a handful of other people feel the same - but if you do it, and
it breaks nothing, I see no reason why we couldn't integrate it.

You can send patches to Dan or I