[arch-dev-public] X.Org 7.3 pre-release testing repo

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 05:36:25 EDT 2007

2007/9/6, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net>:
> I see more problems
> with fglrx though, as ATi has never been good with drivers and new
> technology (neither new X servers, neither new ATI cards are supported
> completely).

Just look at recent news at http://www.phoronix.com/ ;-)
AMD will soon release fglrx 8.41 which is a bir rewrite and _greatly_
improves performance.
Now I won't be surprised if 8.41/8.42 will support Xorg 7.3 (AIGLX is
expected in 8.42).

P.S.: LWN.net has reported that AMD representative at Kernel Summit
said they will open specs and provide open source 2D driver for R500
and all newer chips.

Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)