[arch-dev-public] Repository cleanup [current] and [base] --> [core], this weekend!

Alexander Baldeck kth5 at archlinuxppc.org
Wed Sep 12 12:08:47 EDT 2007

I'm all for added some more packages to base/ and use that as core. The
list Tobias made, sounds good to me for as long as we don't need to
distribute firmware for certain chip sets where vendors do not allow it.
Then again, it should be simple to regenerate the ISO to include those
by the user. Which is already implemented by the hook system in
archboot, no?

What I don't want to have is a out of 2 make 3 or even more
repositories. I personally don't have a problem with Sun's JRE or
anything if OpenOffice - which is free - works best with it. Same for
nvidia drivers and stuff. Java is a special case here because stuff may
depend on it.

+1 for adding drivers to base/core & push the rest to extra.

Cheers,

-O