[arch-dev-public] Repository cleanup [current] and [base] --> ?[core] , this weekend!

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Wed Sep 12 19:23:16 EDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 05:50:06PM -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On 9/12/07, Jason Chu <jason at archlinux.org> wrote:
> > We have to make sure that the untagged changes stay untagged.
>
> Why's that? I'm not playing devil's advocate, I just actually don't
> see why. If something breaks or doesn't compile, we fix it. That's why
> we carved out a whole weekend for this, right?

These sorts of problems aren't the kinda that show up right away.  They
usually show up weeks later when someone says, "pacman's acting really
weird. -Si is telling me different things than the web site...".

I'd rather err on the side of caution than on the side of
we'll-fix-it-when-it-breaks.  The less disruption we cause our users, the
better.

Also, if we're doing it this weekend, maybe we should warn everyone now?

Jason