[arch-dev-public] Repository cleanup [current] and [base] --> ?[core] , this weekend!

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 20:14:53 EDT 2007

On 9/12/07, Jason Chu <jason at archlinux.org> wrote:
> These sorts of problems aren't the kinda that show up right away.  They
> usually show up weeks later when someone says, "pacman's acting really
> weird. -Si is telling me different things than the web site...".
>
> I'd rather err on the side of caution than on the side of
> we'll-fix-it-when-it-breaks.  The less disruption we cause our users, the
> better.

Caution is all fine and good, but if it's "lets put lots of effort
into this so the mysql db is in sync" that seems kinda... I dunno,
"too much" - I mean, display problems can be fixed later. If it's just
a "why is this saying version 1 when we're on version 2" then it's not
even relevant to this, if you ask me. To hold up a restructuring as
important of this because of the numbers listed on a web site is
wrong.

Then again, this is just my opinion.

> Also, if we're doing it this weekend, maybe we should warn everyone now?

Probably a good idea.