[arch-dev-public] [core] move oragnisation

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Sep 14 06:04:36 EDT 2007

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> On 9/13/07, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
>> aaron is 7 hours behind germany.
>
> Yeah 7 hour difference here.
> Ummm let me see, I will be available but at work from... hmmm
> 14:00-23:00 your time, so I can do what I can.
> Of course, as usual, I will be home around 24:00 or 1:00 your time,
> and can do whatever at that time.

I will be leaving around 19:30 and coming back at 24:00 or so (it's
Friday, you know).

>> Put your ideas here, how to do it smoothly.
>> the easies way to move the stuff in would be to put all in base.
>> including kernel + modules.
>
> I'm not sure if you mean the "base" directory or not, but that could work.

No, if we do it, we do it right. I have posted a possible categorization
in the other thread, I am not completely pleased (the "support" category
should be split again).

I am also in favor of creating a new repository for now instead of
working with the existing one. This will give us more time to do it right.