[arch-dev-public] A big baad idea: ArchCon 2009

James Rayner iphitus at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 04:42:38 EDT 2007

On Sun, September 16, 2007 09:18, Tom K wrote:
> Damir Perisa wrote:
>> Saturday 15 September 2007, Tom K wrote:
>>  | Teaser: one particular member of the dev team will volunteer to
>>  | organise the whole shebang!
>>
>> what is a shebang?
>
> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shebang
>
> (Didn't Aaron already tell you about urbandict? :P)
>

>> the idea sounds great... but is it realisable? ... we are all from
>> other regions!
>
> One of the many good reasons to do it, IMO.
>
> Yes, it can be done - for the moment, it would be enough to know if
> people like the idea. So thanks!

I like the idea. Maybe we can get sponsorship? Anyone that uses Arch
commercially or that may have an interest?

Airfares and time will be problematic for me being a student. The
australian summer/winter break is the opposite of the US one. As for
airfares there's going to be more than a few specials in the next few
years as the A380 and 787 come into play. I might be able to if the fares
are reasonable for the new budget airline here doing AU<->US.

James